This specific form of translation certainly is about technical vocabulary and terms, but this is not all. A good scientific or technical translation requires several skills.
The translator should be aware of the level of technicality, which is not always clear. If translators do not grasp that they are dealing with a technical text and do not use the correct terminology, the translation can be completely misunderstood.
In this course, we will sharpen your critical skills and provide you with the right intuitive reaction when you are facing a technical text.
You will also learn how to research for technical resources and vocabulary.
The course is essential for people who want to specialize in translating technical subjects, who must redact technical texts or papers in a foreign language or even individuals who need to read translated scientific-technical texts.
Price: 350 €/ month
As we suppose that you have an excellent knowledge of your mother tongue and at least a B2 level in your foreign language, we focus on translation skills.
You will learn how to analyse a text, how to understand it correctly and use the right terminology, amongst other skills. The course is about practice with a minimum of theory.
At the end of your course, you have the possibility to measure your progress through a post course test.
ITS will award you with a course certificate, even if you decide not to sit to the final exam. The certificate is a proof that you have reached the desired level, it includes the total number of hours spent on the course, the topics studied and the start and final dates of the course.
We will send you your certificate by postal mail, to the address you will have communicated to us.
Check your certificate!
Book your course in these easy steps
1. Click to be directed to the enrolment form. You must fill in the information requested. All information we ask you for is compulsory.
2. You will receive an automated email with a copy of the booking form that you have completed.
3. Once we have received the registration form, we will confirm that it has been filled in correctly. Then we will send you a confirmation which will include an invoice. If anything is incorrect or if any of your options are not available, we will inform you within the next two or three days.
1. When you have received our confirmation of your registration on the course and the bill, you will be able to pay the total amount. Your course will not start until we have received the total invoiced amount. You can pay by on-line banking services, PayPal, or by bank transfer if you wish!
2. ITS will inform you when payment has been received. You will receive confirmation of your course and all necessary instructions and materials to start.
As simple as that!
What about a “virtual coffee” as we used to have it in Spain, and we discuss all details of your course?
You can ask any question to your teacher and check your skype, meet or zoom connection.
Please, send us your name and e-mail address and one of our teachers will get back to you to schedule a call for free.
They will explain you how we work, how the course will be organized, which material we use, how your skills will be developed during the tuition hours….
We look forward to hearing from you soon!