Spanish for Business
When it comes to business opportunities, speaking your client’s language is a huge asset. The ITSalamanca Spanish for Business course will provide you with the necessary tools to read, understand and effectively communicate in your foreign language. You can learn how to write a business letter or professional e-mail, how to prepare a marketing bulletin or newsletter, and even how we negotiate in Spain! Doing business is more than just selling your products! And at ITSalamanca we know what it takes!
Estimated hours/week: 10 hours
Price: 600 €
1. The company
- What is a company?
- Types of registered companies (Unipersonal company, Limited liability company, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) – i.e. the Spanish PYMES…)
- Structure and objective of a company (organisational structure, business objectives , etc.)
- Multinationals (characteristics, legal basis, holdings, operations, etc..)
2. Human resources
- An overview of the Spanish job market
- The different types of contracts of employment, the 2013 reform
- Curriculum vitae
- Job interviews
3. Banking and finance
- The Spanish banking system
- The EU financial system (EU financial institutions)
- Banking operations (terminology and practical exercises)
- Forms of payment (cheques, transfers, letters of credit…)
- The financial system
- The stock market
- Shares, bonds, etc.
- Types of financial market
4. The tax system
- Types of taxes
- Direct / indirect (Spanish income tax, VAT) taxes
- Tax evasion and its consequences
5. Business communications
- Different types of business communication formats:
- Business letters: queries, requests for quotes, formal claims ...
- Other formats: e-mails, adverts...
6. Marketing: Advertising
- Marketing rules for businesses
- Positioning , ranking
- The target audience
- Factors and contextual framework for marketing campaigns
7. Insurance companies
- Contracting an insurance policy
- Types of insurance / insurance policies
- Insurance companies / insurance brokers
8. Economics and legal basics
- An introduction to the socio-economical foundation of Spain and Latin America
- An introduction to the key legal aspects of the company’s activities and its life cycle.
9. Business documents
- Invoices, electronic signatures
10. Telephone communications
- Business talks
- Talking to the bank
- General talks
There is no rigid schedule in this course; the time spent on each chapter may vary depending on whether individual topics need to be covered in depth or not.
** Each chapter includes a theoretical introduction , texts , reading comprehension, and practical exercises.